Friday, April 18, 2008

sometimes, i do think about getting my shit together.

you know. like people do. in their late twenties especially. i mean, that's what they do, right? quitting smoking and cutting back on the booze and never ever touching drugs again. going for "a run" before having some green tea and putting cucumber slices on my face. eight square hours of sleep, career commitment, multivitamins and sensible spending choices, sunscreen and umbrellas.

then again, sometimes i think about jumping off a very high ledge, too.

the former and latter have several key things in common: they're all about craving an excuse for escape, sparing myself worry about the future, and not fucking likely to happen.

besides, why would i want to burden myself with responsible adulthood if it only means i get to relapse when i hit my mid-life crisis? christ. i'd rather be doing other things then.

No comments: